google analytics
Need a nanny

Parents,looking for a nanny or sitter

Nannies & Babysitter

Nannies & Sitters join for free

Parrents arrow General Information
caregive arrow Question: How do I get a Police check ?

Most parents tell us that they will only employ someone who has a Police check :

For New South Wales : Visit
You do not need the working with children check as this is only required if you work through a childcare agency. If you find a parent on then you do not need the working with children check as you are working for the parents directly.

For Queensland : Go to any police station in Queensland for a Criminal History Record Check (Qld only) or for a Police Certificate (Australia-wide) check. More information on the Queensland Police site:

For Victoria : Visit the Victorian Police website : From that website you can download a “Consent to Check and Release National Police Record” form which will need to be filled out and mailed to the Victorian Police.

For Western Australia : A Working with Children Check is required. The form can be obtained from Australia Post Offices. See for more information.

For Tasmania : Visit the Tasmania Police site:

For ACT : Working with Vulnerable people Act requires people doing nanny or babysitting work to register. For information and how to register please go to

<< Return to Caregiver Frequently Asked Questions

View All Testimonials

Copyright © Pty Ltd. Australian Company Number (ACN) 122 326 283. All Rights Reserved.