Interview tips for parents
Parents usually start with a quick telephone interview where they work out whether or not to go ahead with the next stage : a "face-to-face" interview.†Below are a few questions and a checklist that you can use as a guide to help you with the interview. Ask whichever questions you feel are appropriate plus any other ones you may have.
Checklist for the†telephone interview :
1. When†is the nanny available to start work ?
2. General job responsibilities including both childcare and housekeeping ( if any ).
3. Hourly rate of pay
4. Does the nanny have sufficient training and/or experience for what you require.
5. Will they be a good fit both personality and lifestyle wise for your family.
Questions to ask in†the "face-to-face" interview :
1. What hobbies do you have and what do you like to do in your spare time ?
2. What do you enjoy most about working with children ?
3. What do you find the most challenging part of working with children ?
4. How were you disciplined as a child ? What would you do differently with your children ?
5. What was your last childcare experience and how did it end ?
6. How would you describe yourself and your personality ?
7. Do you have any formal childcare training ?
8. Do you have emergency training ? First Aid and/or CPR ?
9. What would you do if our child was sick or injured ?
10. Can†I check your references and do you have a Police check ?
11. Why are you a nanny ?
12. Why are you looking for a new position ?
13. What hours and days†are you available ?
14. Do you have a car ?
15. Do you smoke ?
<< Return to Parent/Family Resources
- I landed a great nanny and would not only use your service again, I would highly recommend it to others.Thank you for providing the great service !Heather - ( Bundeena ) - NSW. July 2014Found a great nanny through this site and we will maintain contact in the long term. Great outcome for us !Nadine - ( Wandina ) - WA. June 2014Thank you, we have found someone to help.Thank you it was all very easy & plenty of responses to choose from.Cleo - ( Sydney ) - NSW. March 2015I just got a nanny job from the we need a nanny site. Thank you.Jodie - ( Ballarat ) - Victoria. August 2014This was a great service and we found a number of very suitable candidates. Thanks.Michelle - ( Alexandra Headland ) - QLD. Feb 2017Fantastic platform that has put me in touch with several outstanding candidates. Thank you so much!Matt - ( Fitzroy ) - Victoria. Dec 2015