Interview tips for parents
Parents usually start with a quick telephone interview where they work out whether or not to go ahead with the next stage : a "face-to-face" interview.†Below are a few questions and a checklist that you can use as a guide to help you with the interview. Ask whichever questions you feel are appropriate plus any other ones you may have.
Checklist for the†telephone interview :
1. When†is the nanny available to start work ?
2. General job responsibilities including both childcare and housekeeping ( if any ).
3. Hourly rate of pay
4. Does the nanny have sufficient training and/or experience for what you require.
5. Will they be a good fit both personality and lifestyle wise for your family.
Questions to ask in†the "face-to-face" interview :
1. What hobbies do you have and what do you like to do in your spare time ?
2. What do you enjoy most about working with children ?
3. What do you find the most challenging part of working with children ?
4. How were you disciplined as a child ? What would you do differently with your children ?
5. What was your last childcare experience and how did it end ?
6. How would you describe yourself and your personality ?
7. Do you have any formal childcare training ?
8. Do you have emergency training ? First Aid and/or CPR ?
9. What would you do if our child was sick or injured ?
10. Can†I check your references and do you have a Police check ?
11. Why are you a nanny ?
12. Why are you looking for a new position ?
13. What hours and days†are you available ?
14. Do you have a car ?
15. Do you smoke ?
<< Return to Parent/Family Resources
- We have met a fantastic bunch of people advertising through this website. Thanks.Kim - ( Burleigh Heads ) - Queensland. Feb 2016I found your site a very useful database and very informative for contacting suitable nannies in my local area.Peter - ( Highbury ) - South Australia. Feb 2016I've found my nanny thanks to your web site. She starts with us next week & we are all excited that she's going to working with us.Jenny - ( Madeley ) - WA. June 2014I found a nanny using your website.I found it very simple and easy to use. In fact I've used it successfully twice now.Our first nanny we had for over 4 years until she decided to move on to other opportunities but we still keep in contact and occasionally she helps us out if we need a baby sitter.Our second nanny is still with us and the whole family loves her :)The website is very simple and easy to use and I recommend it to all my friends as a great place to find a nanny.Thanks.Sarah - ( St Ives ) - NSW. Feb 2015I have found a nanny who starts in 2 weeks! Delighted! Thank you.Georgie - ( Yarraville ) - Victoria. May 2014I just got a nanny job from the we need a nanny site. Thank you.Jodie - ( Ballarat ) - Victoria. August 2014