Interview tips for parents
Parents usually start with a quick telephone interview where they work out whether or not to go ahead with the next stage : a "face-to-face" interview.†Below are a few questions and a checklist that you can use as a guide to help you with the interview. Ask whichever questions you feel are appropriate plus any other ones you may have.
Checklist for the†telephone interview :
1. When†is the nanny available to start work ?
2. General job responsibilities including both childcare and housekeeping ( if any ).
3. Hourly rate of pay
4. Does the nanny have sufficient training and/or experience for what you require.
5. Will they be a good fit both personality and lifestyle wise for your family.
Questions to ask in†the "face-to-face" interview :
1. What hobbies do you have and what do you like to do in your spare time ?
2. What do you enjoy most about working with children ?
3. What do you find the most challenging part of working with children ?
4. How were you disciplined as a child ? What would you do differently with your children ?
5. What was your last childcare experience and how did it end ?
6. How would you describe yourself and your personality ?
7. Do you have any formal childcare training ?
8. Do you have emergency training ? First Aid and/or CPR ?
9. What would you do if our child was sick or injured ?
10. Can†I check your references and do you have a Police check ?
11. Why are you a nanny ?
12. Why are you looking for a new position ?
13. What hours and days†are you available ?
14. Do you have a car ?
15. Do you smoke ?
<< Return to Parent/Family Resources
- I am very impressed by the quality of people offering services.Janet - ( Randwick ) - NSW. August 2016I have found some work :-) a lady contacted me thru your website. That's how I got some work. I'm very very grateful :-)Amy - ( Australind ) - WA. September 2014I'm very happy with this service. The nannies I screened and found were professional and impressive. Thank you.Erika - ( Coburg ) - Victoria. Jan 2016We found a wonderful nanny inside a week - thank you 'We Need a Nanny'!Kate - ( Willoughby ) - NSW. February 2016I have found an amazing nanny through this site. We are very happy.Nicolena - ( Williamstown ) - Victoria. May 2015We found the ideal carer through your site. Great service. Thank you.Petrina - ( Macgregor ) - ACT. February 2016