Contracts and the legal stuff
Since you are officially going to be an employer, you’ll need to get a contract together to work with your nanny.
A contract should include:
• Nanny’s salary
• Pay dates
• Work schedule
• Disciplinary actions for nanny that fails to meet requirements.
• A method of tracking progress, for example testing scores
• Discipline defined for the nanny to follow with your child.
• Deductions on paycheck such as federal and local taxes, health insurance and any other requirements.
In addition to this, you should insure that the contract your nanny signs includes anything specific such as these :
If you travel a lot, express details of when you will be traveling so as the nanny knows when he or she is needed. You should often talk about overnight care if it is needed. Determine the rules that will be followed for meals such as foods that are safe, or not safe for the child and/or the nanny. Information should be stated about the use of a vehicle for the nanny as well as funds to pay for any needs that the child may have. Sick days should be discussed.
Your contract is a tool that will help protect you as well as the nanny from problems. If you provide this tool to your nanny, you will be able to clearly handle any problem that arises. You will also be able to dismiss a nanny fairly if and when he or she no longer fills the roles that you need him or her to.
To make sure that the contract is binding, arrange to sign the document in front of your lawyer or solicitor. Have him read over the contract to insure that all is in place. If you don’t wish to spend the funds to do this, insure that there are several witnesses to the signing of this agreement.
<< Return to Parent/Family Resources
- I`d like to thank you and say that I found a job through your website. Thank you very much!Tissiane - ( Mount Lawley ) - WA. February 2016I was swamped with potential babysitters/nannies for my 16 month old baby girl. I have found a fantastic person who lives local and is flexible and versatile and mature. Baby loves the new nanny, and so do I !Thank you.Jennifer - ( Drummoyne ) - NSW. December 2014We were quite overwhelmed by all the applicants, thank you!Jo - ( Coburg ) - Victoria. July 2016Very impressed with this website and will use again in the future. An excellent facilitator for childcare positions.Rebecca - ( Guilford ) - WA. January 2014This site has been very helpful Thank you. We have found a fantastic young lady whom we trust with our 6 mth old daughter.Erin - ( Ringwood ) - Victoria. November 2014This site was great and I found a wonderful nanny for my children. She has worked out really well and has been flexible to changes etc. The process was wonderful and I would certainly recommend this site for friends to use. Thank you.Amanda - ( Coburg ) - Victoria. April 2014