Contracts and the legal stuff
Since you are officially going to be an employer, you’ll need to get a contract together to work with your nanny.
A contract should include:
• Nanny’s salary
• Pay dates
• Work schedule
• Disciplinary actions for nanny that fails to meet requirements.
• A method of tracking progress, for example testing scores
• Discipline defined for the nanny to follow with your child.
• Deductions on paycheck such as federal and local taxes, health insurance and any other requirements.
In addition to this, you should insure that the contract your nanny signs includes anything specific such as these :
If you travel a lot, express details of when you will be traveling so as the nanny knows when he or she is needed. You should often talk about overnight care if it is needed. Determine the rules that will be followed for meals such as foods that are safe, or not safe for the child and/or the nanny. Information should be stated about the use of a vehicle for the nanny as well as funds to pay for any needs that the child may have. Sick days should be discussed.
Your contract is a tool that will help protect you as well as the nanny from problems. If you provide this tool to your nanny, you will be able to clearly handle any problem that arises. You will also be able to dismiss a nanny fairly if and when he or she no longer fills the roles that you need him or her to.
To make sure that the contract is binding, arrange to sign the document in front of your lawyer or solicitor. Have him read over the contract to insure that all is in place. If you don’t wish to spend the funds to do this, insure that there are several witnesses to the signing of this agreement.
<< Return to Parent/Family Resources
- Thanks for assisting me in finding a nanny. We have found a super nanny who I hope will be with us for a very long time. I tried many different agencies and websites but it was WeNeedaNanny that found our girl. Thank you!Bernadette - ( Manly ) - NSW. December 2015I got a job through this site. They messaged me and then I had an interview. Thank you!Jessica - ( New Lambton ) - NSW. May 2014I found a nanny ! Thank you for your website. I was inundated with applications - so much so that I had to pull the advert after a few days!Very happy!Janine - ( Salter Point ) - WA. April 2015I've found my nanny thanks to your web site. She starts with us next week & we are all excited that she's going to working with us.Jenny - ( Madeley ) - WA. June 2014It was amazing the response I received when stuck for care. This was the only service that was actually helpful and easy to use.Nicole - ( Engadine ) - NSW. January 2014We found a super nanny through your website. Fabulous service. Thanks so much.Katherine - ( St Kilda West ) - Victoria. Mar 2015