How to become a registered carer
It is a great advantage as a nanny to become a registered carer as families can then claim the Child Care Benefit (CCB). It costs you nothing to apply and usually takes about 3-4 weeks to be processed.
Registered child care is child care provided by grandparents or other relatives, friends or nannies who are registered as carers with the Australian Government's Department of Human Services.
Carers must be registered with the Department of Human Services. All registered carers must comply with any relevant state or territory child care laws.
To become a registered carer you need to:
1. Fill out the form at http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/fa019
2. Either mail it or take it to your local Centrelink office.
3. Meet the minimum age requirement (18 years )
4. Have a Tax File Number
5. Meet and maintain any relevant State licensing requirements and restrictions on becoming a registered carer
Once you are registered you need to put your registration number on all invoices that you give to the family you are working for so they can claim the Childcare Benefit. Click Here to see a sample invoice that you can fill out and give to the family you are working for.
<< Return to Caregiver Resources
- I found a perfect nanny within 3 days of listing on this website. She is amazing and I never thought I would get one for the hours I was after!Claire - ( North Manly ) - NSW. June 2015I found a nanny from your website and had a really good experience as opposed to other websites.Jane - ( McMahons Point ) - NSW. September 2016I have found your company very easy to deal with and would recommend it to others and happy use again myself in the future.Karen - ( Narara ) - NSW. March 2015I've found my nanny thanks to your web site. She starts with us next week & we are all excited that she's going to working with us.Jenny - ( Madeley ) - WA. June 2014This is the 3rd time I have used your website with great success. Each time we have found a suitable caregiver within days and have had many applicants. Thanks so much !Katrina - ( Edge Hill ) - QLD. Feb 2015I`d like to thank you and say that I found a job through your website. Thank you very much!Tissiane - ( Mount Lawley ) - WA. February 2016