How to become a registered carer
It is a great advantage as a nanny to become a registered carer as families can then claim the Child Care Benefit (CCB). It costs you nothing to apply and usually takes about 3-4 weeks to be processed.
Registered child care is child care provided by grandparents or other relatives, friends or nannies who are registered as carers with the Australian Government's Department of Human Services.
Carers must be registered with the Department of Human Services. All registered carers must comply with any relevant state or territory child care laws.
To become a registered carer you need to:
1. Fill out the form at http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/fa019
2. Either mail it or take it to your local Centrelink office.
3. Meet the minimum age requirement (18 years )
4. Have a Tax File Number
5. Meet and maintain any relevant State licensing requirements and restrictions on becoming a registered carer
Once you are registered you need to put your registration number on all invoices that you give to the family you are working for so they can claim the Childcare Benefit. Click Here to see a sample invoice that you can fill out and give to the family you are working for.
<< Return to Caregiver Resources
- This is the 3rd time I have used your website with great success. Each time we have found a suitable caregiver within days and have had many applicants. Thanks so much !Katrina - ( Edge Hill ) - QLD. Feb 2015Thank you to all who replied to my ad, I've found a sitter !Sandra - ( Hawthorne ) - QLD. February 2014I found a job within the first week/couple of days of registering. The family contacted me through emailing me on the site then we exchanged numbers had an interview and started a trial which ended after about three days with me getting the job. I'm a live in nanny with a family of two kids.I'm enjoying the job and fitting in well.Cheers,RachRachel - ( Frankston South ) - Victoria. July 2014Thank you, we have found someone to help.Thank you it was all very easy & plenty of responses to choose from.Cleo - ( Sydney ) - NSW. March 2015Excellent website, thankyou.Eleanor - ( Adelaide ) - SA. February 2016Easy to use service and lots of responses.Lisa - ( Macleod ) - Victoria. August 2015