How to become a registered carer
It is a great advantage as a nanny to become a registered carer as families can then claim the Child Care Benefit (CCB). It costs you nothing to apply and usually takes about 3-4 weeks to be processed.
Registered child care is child care provided by grandparents or other relatives, friends or nannies who are registered as carers with the Australian Government's Department of Human Services.
Carers must be registered with the Department of Human Services. All registered carers must comply with any relevant state or territory child care laws.
To become a registered carer you need to:
1. Fill out the form at http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/fa019
2. Either mail it or take it to your local Centrelink office.
3. Meet the minimum age requirement (18 years )
4. Have a Tax File Number
5. Meet and maintain any relevant State licensing requirements and restrictions on becoming a registered carer
Once you are registered you need to put your registration number on all invoices that you give to the family you are working for so they can claim the Childcare Benefit. Click Here to see a sample invoice that you can fill out and give to the family you are working for.
<< Return to Caregiver Resources
- Extraordinarily quick to find someone we like.Barbara - ( Wheelers Hill ) - Victoria. May 2014Found a fantastic nanny through weneedananny, highly recommend, the quality of applicants are great.Neyhaa - ( Dundas Valley ) - NSW. March 2016We found a wonderful nanny inside a week - thank you 'We Need a Nanny'!Kate - ( Willoughby ) - NSW. February 2016Just to let you know that in less than 3 weeks, I have been accepted for my first Nanny job that fits around my Primary School teaching. I'm looking forward to starting soon with this lovely family. Thanks for a great service.Janet - ( Greensborough ) - Victoria. Oct 2014I got a job, thank you !I am nannying two days a week at a dairy farm on Darnum and LOVE IT! There is a possibility if extra hours.Deb - ( Trafalgar ) - Victoria. August 2014Thank you to all the people that responded to my ad. It is great to see so many caring and kind people willing to help. What a great service.Daniele - ( Pymble ) - NSW. April 2015