Interview Tips for Nannies
1. Make sure you have all references and a police check ready to show parents.
2. Dress appropriately for the interview, generally smart casual is acceptable.
3. Allow plenty of time so that you are not late or rushing to the interview.
4. Be honest and be yourself.
5. Try and prepare for some of the questions parents might ask ( see below ).
6. Smile !
Questions parents may ask you :
1. What hobbies do you have and what do you like to do in your spare time ?
2. What do you enjoy most about working with children ?
3. What do you find the most challenging part of working with children ?
4. How were you disciplined as a child ? What would you do differently with your children ?
5. What was your last childcare experience and how did it end ?
6. How would you describe yourself and your personality ?
7. Do you have any formal childcare training ?
8. Do you have emergency training ? First Aid and/or CPR ?
9. What would you do if our child was sick or injured ?
10. Can†I check your references and do you have a Police check ?
11. Why are you a nanny ?
12. Why are you looking for a new position ?
13. What hours and days†are you available ?
14. Do you have a car ?
15. Do you smoke ?
Questions you may want to ask the parents :
1. Is there any other duties apart from childcare that I will be required to do ( housekeeping etc. ) ?
2. What age is the child ?
3. Any special allergies† or special needs I should know about ?
4. What is the rate of pay ?
5. What hours / days will I be required to work ?
<< Return to Caregiver Resources
- I found a nanny using your website.I found it very simple and easy to use. In fact I've used it successfully twice now.Our first nanny we had for over 4 years until she decided to move on to other opportunities but we still keep in contact and occasionally she helps us out if we need a baby sitter.Our second nanny is still with us and the whole family loves her :)The website is very simple and easy to use and I recommend it to all my friends as a great place to find a nanny.Thanks.Sarah - ( St Ives ) - NSW. Feb 2015Bise has been a gift to our family. She is loved and the love is reciprocated. My four children genuinely care for Bise and respond to her very well, it has been blessing to have met her and have her influence and kindness bestowed in our home. Bise is reliable, clean and always ready to assist and help my children in any event. She does over and above any thing expected and does so with kindness. My husband and I trust her implicitly as do our children.Elizabeth - ( Attadale ) - WA. October 2016I have found a caregiver and she starts this Thursday. Your website/service has been fabulous, I found her in a few days after she replied to my ad. I will definitely be recommending your website.Lisa - ( West Pennant Hills ) - NSW. August 2014We found the perfect person within 48 hours, when we urgently needed someone. Thank you so much - a real weight off our shoulders.Ian - ( Annandale ) - QLD. April 2015I just got a nanny job from the we need a nanny site. Thank you.Jodie - ( Ballarat ) - Victoria. August 2014Thank you very much, I spoke to some wonderful helpers and many kind people using your website.Bridget - ( Bardon ) - QLD. August 2016