Interview Tips for Nannies
1. Make sure you have all references and a police check ready to show parents.
2. Dress appropriately for the interview, generally smart casual is acceptable.
3. Allow plenty of time so that you are not late or rushing to the interview.
4. Be honest and be yourself.
5. Try and prepare for some of the questions parents might ask ( see below ).
6. Smile !
Questions parents may ask you :
1. What hobbies do you have and what do you like to do in your spare time ?
2. What do you enjoy most about working with children ?
3. What do you find the most challenging part of working with children ?
4. How were you disciplined as a child ? What would you do differently with your children ?
5. What was your last childcare experience and how did it end ?
6. How would you describe yourself and your personality ?
7. Do you have any formal childcare training ?
8. Do you have emergency training ? First Aid and/or CPR ?
9. What would you do if our child was sick or injured ?
10. Can†I check your references and do you have a Police check ?
11. Why are you a nanny ?
12. Why are you looking for a new position ?
13. What hours and days†are you available ?
14. Do you have a car ?
15. Do you smoke ?
Questions you may want to ask the parents :
1. Is there any other duties apart from childcare that I will be required to do ( housekeeping etc. ) ?
2. What age is the child ?
3. Any special allergies† or special needs I should know about ?
4. What is the rate of pay ?
5. What hours / days will I be required to work ?
<< Return to Caregiver Resources
- I have found a Casual position. It is ongoing-Casual work with We Need A Nanny.Thank you very much for the opportunity for me to gain employment via your website.Hilda - ( Narrabundah ) - ACT. November 2014This site has been very helpful Thank you. We have found a fantastic young lady whom we trust with our 6 mth old daughter.Erin - ( Ringwood ) - Victoria. November 2014Excellent website, thankyou.Eleanor - ( Adelaide ) - SA. February 2016Thank you to all the people that responded to my ad. It is great to see so many caring and kind people willing to help. What a great service.Daniele - ( Pymble ) - NSW. April 2015Great quality careers on your site. Thank you !Sarah - ( Lindfield ) - NSW. November 2014I got a job through this site. They messaged me and then I had an interview. Thank you!Jessica - ( New Lambton ) - NSW. May 2014